February 19 - 21, 2013
EARLY REGISTRATION FEE: $529
A late fee of $30 will be applied to registration made
within 2 weeks of the event.
This 3-day offering is intended for the beginning cheesemaker who is serious about pursuing Cheesemaking as a business activity at the farmstead or artisan level. Avid hobbyist and enthusiasts are welcome too!
The program generally includes:
- Opportunities and challenges for the Small
Scale Cheese Maker
- Milk sources, composition and quality
- Steps of the cheese making process
- Acidity testing and measurements
- Cheese cultures and enzymes
- Cheese evaluation
- Hands on cheese making activity
- Field trip to licensed cheese making facilities
Purchasing cheese from the WSU Creamery helps support student employees of Washington State University by providing competitive wages and valuable work experiences. A portion of the revenue from the sale of WSU Creamery products is used for educational support of Food Science students.