The CougarCard provides identification for Washington State University students, employees, and other affiliated persons for numerous University functions and transactions. The name printed on the CougarCard is the cardholder's official name as it appears in the University's central systems (i.e., no nicknames, aliases, or titles). A CougarCard is the property of the University, authorized for the use of the named person only, and is nontransferable.
Persons from the following groups are eligible to request CougarCards:
- Students; e.g., undergraduate, graduate, and professional.
- Employees; e.g., faculty, adjunct faculty, administrative professional, classified, hourly.
- Retired employees; e.g., emeritus faculty, retired staff.
- Enrollees in special programs; e.g., conferees, externs, Intensive American Language Center students, WWAMI students, visiting scholars.
- Community members; e.g., University of Idaho students, local high school students, family members, Student Recreation Center members.
Refer to the card types below.
Fraudulent use of a CougarCard may result in disciplinary and/or legal action.
Verify Valid Users
Any service relying upon the card for identification should periodically obtain a current user listing or otherwise verify valid users.
The card may be used for one or more University functions if authorized for the cardholder. The following list of card functions is not necessarily exhaustive:
- Identification for official class attendance.
- Access to athletic events for students who purchase sports passes.
- Checking out materials from University libraries.
- Cougar CASH account.
- Residence Dining Account.
- Student Recreation Center access.
- Pullman Transit bus access for University students, faculty, and staff.
- Spokane Transit bus access for WSU Spokane students, faculty, and staff.
- Green Bike checkout for WSU Pullman students, faculty, and staff.
- CougarCard-based facility access to selected residence halls, campus offices, and University buildings on the WSU Pullman and WSU Vancouver campuses.
- Time clock purposes for certain hourly workers.
- Check cashing identification at University cashiering locations and Students Book Corporation (Bookie).
- Identification for accessing University buildings after regular working hours. See 50.24.
- Students, faculty, and staff have the option to associate their assigned CougarCard with a U.S. Bank checking account at the following website:
OBTAINING A CARD
The University requires photo ID issued by a governmental agency in order to provide a CougarCard to a first-time requesting individual. Examples of valid photo ID include: state-issued driver's license, state-issued ID card, U.S. military ID card, U.S. military dependent ID card, and passport.
An eligible person may request a card from the applicable campus location indicated below:
CougarCard Center on the ground floor of the CUB in room 60; telephone 509-335-2273.
Student Affairs Office, Academic Center 130; telephone 509-358-7978.
Admissions/Registrar Office, West Building 269; telephone 509-372-7141.
Student Affairs, Student Services Center lobby; telephone 360-546-9788.
WSU North Puget Sound At Everett
Everett University Center, Gray Wolf Hall; telephone 425-405-1600.
Other WSU Locations
Eligible persons at other WSU statewide locations, e.g., research stations, may contact administrative offices, which request CougarCards from the CougarCard Center in Pullman.
WSU Global Campus
Students who have been fully admitted to the WSU Global Campus may request a CougarCard using the request form available at:
Return a found card to the responsible CougarCard office on the applicable campus as indicated above.
Deactivate a lost card by accessing the online CougarCard self-service tools at:
Cards may also be deactivated by contacting the CougarCard Center Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; telephone 509-335-CARD (2273).
The CougarCard Center assesses a charge to replace a lost or stolen card. The current replacement fee is posted on the CougarCard website.
|Employee, Active or Retired||
|Special Program||Titled individually, e.g., Running Start, Intens Amer Lang Ctr.
|Community Member||Community Member|