The items listed below are examples of equipment and materials requiring completion of the Item Evaluation form. The list is not exhaustive. Complete and/or print the PDF form on 20.77.4 as needed.
Any equipment or material that has hazards which need to be mitigated
Biological safety cabinet
Fume hoods and fans
Glassware and plasticware
Parts from gas and plumbing fixtures
Radioactive sources,* including but not limited to:
- Liquid scintillation counters
- Gamma counters
- Gas chromatographs with Ni-63 electron capture detectors
Radiation machines,* including but not limited to::
- Cabinet X-ray units
- Veterinary X-ray machines
- X-ray: crystallography; diffraction; and fluorescence units
Storage cabinets and lockers used to store chemical products or hazardous waste
* Any item to be surplused which is marked with a label containing a "Caution: Radioactive Material" or similar message must be evaluated by the Radiation Safety Office prior to surplusing.