Academic Media Services
The Academic Media Services (AMS) section of Information Technology Services provides videoconferencing, general University classroom, and media-related services to users. Contact telephone numbers are as follows:
- Equipment services, telephone 335-7336.
- General University classroom and video support customer assistance, telephone 335-4535.
- Videoconference academic course scheduling, telephone 335-6518.
- Videoconference meeting scheduling, telephone 335-6519.
- Videoconference technical support, telephone 335-6575.
Use in Catalog Courses
AMS provides the following services for academic-related activities at no charge:
- Facilities, training, and support for interactive videoconferencing and videostreaming,
- Training and support for technology in general University classrooms at the Pullman campus, and
- Media equipment and workstations for use in WSU catalog and distance courses.
AMS rents media equipment and provides services related to interactive videoconferencing when facilities and equipment are not being utilized for scheduled catalog courses or other University priorities. AMS rents to both WSU and non-WSU users.
AMS provides published rental/service rates to users upon request. Rates for interactive videoconferencing are available by telephone request.
AMS charges a late fee if a user fails to return equipment at the agreed time. All users are subject to late fees. Late fees are based upon regular daily rental rates.
AMS employs trained media equipment technicians and facilities which are available for non-academic use for media presentations and interactive videoconferencing. AMS charges hourly rates for on-campus and off-campus services for non-academic-related activities. AMS technicians and facilities are available to both WSU and non-WSU users.
Academic Media Services (AMS) provides the following media services:
- Interactive videoconferencing services, training, and support.
- Closed-circuit video distribution services to general University classrooms at Pullman.
- Video production services, including videotaping and/or videostreaming for classes and special events.
- Media workstations for editing of video and audio at the Pullman campus.
- Scheduling and support of videoconference facilities used for the delivery of academic courses to WSU sites statewide, K-20 sites within Washington, and at institutions in other states and nations.
- Scheduling and facilitation of meetings and events that utilize videoconferencing technology.
- Bridging services for multipoint video connections.
- Videotape editing and duplication at the Pullman campus. (Self-serve)
- International video signal transfers and conversions at the Pullman campus. (Self-serve)
- Training for users regarding equipment, facilities, and media presentations utilizing AMS equipment.
Telephone 335-4535 for additional information regarding classroom services.