BPPM Revision Memorandum
||March 31, 2010|
||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Fifty-Seven
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Delegation of Contractual Authority 10.10
This revision adds a requirement for University officials requiring contractual authority delegation to successfully complete contracts training through the Office of Business and Finance. The revision also clarifies the delegation process.
Preemployment Background Checks 60.16
In order to increase clarity, this minor amendment updates the language regarding background checks that departments should use on all job postings, notices of vacancy, and other vacancy announcements.
Corrective and Disciplinary Action 60.50
This revision adds policy statements regarding the administrative offices responsible for overseeing the corrective and disciplinary processes for employees at all WSU locations statewide.
Faculty are referred to the entire Faculty Manual, as more than one manual section includes corrective and disciplinary action rules and procedures for various types of faculty.
Purchasing Card 70.08
- Updates the roles, responsibilities, and procedural requirements for purchasing card program participants.
- Expands the list of prohibited items and prohibited transaction types.
- Adds restriction information regarding optional single transaction and monthly transaction limits.
- Adds procedures for requesting exceptions to purchasing card restrictions.
- Adds procedures for:
Documenting temporary transfer of responsibility for purchasing card use,
Documenting temporary transfer of responsibility for purchasing card reconciliation, and
Documenting missing transaction receipts.
- Updates the following forms:
Purchasing Card Application (70.08.18-19),
Departmental Monthly Log Sheet (70.08.22),
Purchasing Card Change Request (70.08.23-24),
Purchasing Card Temporary Delegation (70.08.25), and
Purchasing Card Check-Out Log Sheet (70.08.26).
- Adds the following forms:
- Adds an appendix with instructions for obtaining the Purchasing Card Reconciliation Report from the PaymentNet system.
Requesting Facilities Operations Services 80.45
This minor amendment:
- Removes "minor moves" from the list of nonchargeable services provided by WSU Pullman Facilities Operations. Refer to BPPM 80.48 regarding moving services at WSU Pullman.
- Updates the procedures for submitting work requests at WSU Spokane to reflect current practices.
- Updates the procedures for requesting facilities services at WSU Tri-Cities to reflect current practices.
- Adds information regarding chargeable work services at WSU Vancouver to reflect current practices.
All-University Records Retention Schedules: Administrative--Departmental Records 90.01.9
This minor amendment updates the records series titled Department Committee Minutes. The University Archivist requested that the remark "Archival" be changed to "Potential University Archives."
All-University Records Retention Schedules: Records Management Files 90.01.45
This minor amendment updates the records series titled Record Transmittal Forms. The University Archivist requested that "Archival" be added to the remarks for this records series.