BPPM Revision Memorandum
||June 4, 2010|
||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Sixty
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Employee Departure Procedures 60.74
This minor amendment adds the following items to the departure checklist and instructions:
- Requirement for the department to complete and route a personnel action through the Personnel/Position/Payroll Electronic Routing Management System (PERMS) regarding a departing employee.
- Requirement for the department to notify HRS if the departing employee verifies I-9s for the department. HRS must establish a new departmental contact to receive e-mail notifications regarding I-9 document deadlines.
- Requirement for the department to contact the ITS Services and Accounts Desk to remove the employee's authorization to access the data warehouses, Administrative Information Systems (AIS), PERMS, Online Position Description and Recruitment System (OPDRS), and/or other enterprise systems.
- Requirements and procedures for closing Registrar's Office Network (RONet) accounts.
- Requirements regarding the transfer of departmental records and the security of records which are subject to litigation holds.
All-University Records Retention Schedules: Administrative--General Office Operations 90.01.12-14
This minor amendment updates the description of electronic mail (e-mail) retention, in accordance with changes approved by the State Records Committee for the state General Schedules.
Release of Student Education Records 90.06
- Provides for electronic authorization by students for release of student education records to named individuals.
- Updates the description of directory information and the restriction process.
- Updates the appeals process in conformance with Washington Administrative Code (WAC) chapter 504-21.
- Adds language which emphasizes that employee access to online student education records requires administrative approval.