BPPM Revision Memorandum
||January 21, 2011|
||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Seventy-Four
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
Recruitment and Selection of Classified Positions 60.18
- Adds procedures regarding open competitive recruitment.
- Adds information regarding exceptional circumstances which may justify foregoing the open competitive recruitment process.
- Adds procedures for requesting direct appointment of candidates to classified positions.
- Adds a requirement for providing a disclosure statement to each worker who is a non-U.S. citizen and who comes to the state of Washington based upon an offer of employment.
- Adds temporary procedures for requesting recruitment authorization from the Budget Office through June 30, 2011.
- Updates the recruitment procedures to reflect current practices regarding submission of information through the Online Position Description and Recruitment System (OPDRS).
The title of this section is changed from Recruitment for Classified Positions.
Project Employment--Civil Service 60.23
This revision adds the following:
- Procedures for requesting direct appointments to project classified positions without open recruitment.
- Clarification that project appointments must be a minimum of six months and one day in duration and at least .50 FTE.
- Clarification regarding applicable civil service rules for classified project positions.
Purchasing Published Materials 70.26
In accordance with current state and University rules and practices, this minor amendment:
- Updates the procedures for purchasing published materials.
- Updates the direct buy limit amount.
- Adds procedures for using purchasing cards to purchase published materials.
- Updates the shipping and receiving procedures.
- Updates the procedures for obtaining library materials.
Requesting a Telephone Directory 85.43
This minor amendment updates the list of telephone directories available for distribution to University offices.
Data Warehouse Access 85.48
This new section provides requirements and procedures for departments to request authorization for individuals to access the University's student and financial data warehouses. The section also includes procedures for removing access when an employee terminates employment with a department.