BPPM Revision Memorandum
||February 8, 2012|
||Office of Procedures, Records, and Forms|
||Business Policies and Procedures Manual
Revision Letter Number Three Hundred Ninety-Two
This BPPM revision includes the following changes:
WSU Receipts 30.52
This revision updates the name and location of the cashier function within University Receivables. It also clarifies inventory responsibilities of the primary individual when WSU Receipt form supplies are depleted.
Departmental Payroll Processing 55.22
This minor amendment updates the following procedures:
- Authorized department personnel use the Administrative Information Systems (AIS) applications, DEPPS and HEPPS, to authorize allowance payments.
- In order to receive notifications from Payroll Services, each authorized user must have her or his e-mail address included in the WSU Electronic Phonebook and e-mail forwarding enabled.
- Personnel actions are now processed through the online Personnel/Position/Payroll Electronic Routing Management System (PERMS).
Employment Eligibility Verification--USCIS Form I-9 60.04
This housekeeping change emphasizes the importance of compliance with the federal documentation verification requirement for new employees.
Layoff--Civil Service Employees 60.37
This minor amendment updates the following:
- The description of the choices that permanent and project employees are given after notification of layoff.
- The term "occupational category" is changed to "class series," in accordance with current language used by the Washington Department of Personnel.
- Scheduled cyclic leave without pay (LWOP) is now deducted from the calculation of an employee's seniority. Military leave without pay is the only exception to the deduction of days of LWOP from an employee's layoff seniority calculation.
Employee Departure Procedures 60.74
This revision adds requirements for departments to complete additional items
for employees who are principal investigators (PIs) leaving University employment.
This change adds Part C procedures (for PI departures) to the section text and a Principal Investigator Departure Checklist addendum to the Departure Checklist form on 60.74.7-8. (Departments are to also complete the items in Parts A and B for PI departures.)
Cellular Telephones 85.45
This minor amendment adds a clarifying note regarding how an employee's annual salary is calculated for purposes of determining eligibility to receive a cellular telephone allowance.