From Richard Paul's "Miniature Guide to Critical Thinking"
Questions Using the Elements of Thought
- What am I trying to accomplish?
- What is my central aim? My purpose?
- What information am I using in coming to that conclusion?
- What experience have I had to support this claim?
INFERENCES and CONCLUSIONS
- How did I reach this conclusion?
- Is there another way to interpret the information?
- What is the main idea here?
- Could I explain this idea?
- What am I taking for granted?
- What assumption has lead me to that conclusion?
IMPLICATIONS AND CONSEQUENCES
- If someone accepted my position, what would be the implications? What am I implying?
POINTS OF VIEW
- From what point of view am I looking at this issue?
- Is there another point of view I should consider?
- What question am I raising?
- What question am I addressing?