1. Does Achilles, in effect, sacrifice his best friend Patroclus to his own self-concerns?
2. Does Hector's fear in the face of Achilles in Book 22 undermine his heroic stature?
3. Is Achilles's savagery after his victory dishonorable behavior?
4. Is the encounter between Achilles and Hector a symbolic one? Do they represent different principles?
5. "There are two great jars on the floor of Zeus's Hall." Achilles goes on to tell Priam the contents of the two jars and how Zeus melds out these contents. What is Achilles saying about mortal life?