- Water use: Moderate or low.
- Light: Full sun or light shade.
- Size: 60 to 75 feet tall, and 75 to 100 feet wide.
- Native Range: Korea and Japan.
- Plant habit and use: Spreading or rounded,
with summer flowers.
- Leaves: Compound leaves with small leaflets.
green, with yellowish fall color.
- Flowers: Tree is covered with creamy white flowers
Flowers are shaped like flowers of pea plants and have a faint
- Culture: This tree is tolerant of a wide range of
- Maintenance: Branches may break in ice storms,
for strong branch attachments.
- Other: Young trees don't bloom. Branches on
be damaged during cold winters, but older trees don't show this problem.
- Cultivar: 'Regent' is a popular cultivar that was
at a young age.